Immediate contract available

Pro_corp

We have a short term contract. Required skills as follows: Knowledge of Progress database software, as well as Software configuration management methods and source code management tools as: Roundtable, CVS or PVCS.

Please email your resumes if available and interested.
Rate 1099 $65-$70/HR

ivory

immediate contract

RÉSUMÉ

John H. Coppens

212 Hemingway Drive

Oldsmar, Fl 34677

Cell Phone – (727)424-5990

EXPERIENCE

Product Manager - Analysis / Programmer

Trader Publishing, Clearwater, Fl. January 2001 to Present

Trader has a custom software system to input ads from private parties and from Dealers written in Progress character. The current version is 9.1D. I have worked on 3 projects since January 2 of 2001.

1. Convert a system written in C to Progress for 22 Autotrader locations. I functioned as analyst, programmer, and testor for this project.
  2. Merge two Progress databases into one and create new tables for paid and paid history records. I programmed all the conversion programs, pretested all cities, and performed actual conversions for approximately 20% of the cities being merged. I wrote 10 programs for the conversion and re-wrote 4 journal reports used by the Billing Department – all in character.
  3. Telemarketing project manager. This is my current project. I am the lead analyst for our telemarketing function which currently includes the use of Federal and State DNC (Do Not Call) files. I wrote the load programs for the DNC process. There are approximately 64 million phone numbers in these files. I also wrote load programs for telemarketing leads created from scanner programs and programs that "mine" websites for ad text for merchandise we currently have publications for. I am also analyzing the requirements to convert our telemarketing centers from Davox dialer software and access databases to Progress. This is currently in process.
Contractor

Motorola Paging Systems Boyton Beach, Fl October 1998 to Dec 2000

Modified and enhanced package from Astea, Dispatch1 using Progress Ver 8.3B. Package is used by the pager repair centers in the US, Canada, Mexico and South America.

Developed reports for upper management for sales and repair analysis with cost recaps.

Developed input screens for Workorder Maintenance and tied process to shipments. Developed roll-up tables for quality reporting , reports, and output files for inclusion into Excel spreadsheets (Data Warehouse type of concept) . Information used to develop trends in quality issues. Developed reports for daily, weekly, and monthly repair time information for management . Created routine to output a file for an Advanced Shipping Notice to be sent thru EDI process. Motorola uses the Carnegie-Mellon Common Process for project development and tracking – from Requirements, Code and Unit Testing, to Customer Acceptance Testing and Sign-off..

United Systems, Inc. Atlanta, Ga March 1997 to Sept 1998

Trader Publishing – Rewrote and updated Order Entry system ; designed and programmed automated rate assignment in Order Entry and created system for maintenance of master rates; and redesigned and programmed Contract system and automated Order Entry from Contracts using Progress Ver 7.3C character. Worked on new design of environment – menu, printer controls, and design of Adtaker2000 – classified ad system which includes tables and table relationships.

Software Engineer

Motorola, Boynton Beach, Florida August 1996 to March 1997

Lead analyst and programmer for Warranty and Service software for department of 3 programmers and 2 contact programmers. Use Progress 4GL, Version 7, to modify and enhance software package from ASTEA. Application covers receipt, repair, and shipment of pagers and inventory of repair parts. Review all projects done by group, assign tasks, review code and test. Have developed EDI application for Advanced Shipping Notice.

Contractor

United Systems, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia June 1994 to August 1996

Used Progress 4GL, Version 6.3C at all locations.

× Trader Publishing - Developed and enhanced software related to Marketing, Sales Management and Order Entry for Auto Trader Magazine and related publications of Trader. Updated software releases and sent changes to over 50 locations per Trader schedules. On DG UNIX machines - for 9 months.

× Alcoa Aluminum - Modified and enhanced software supplied by MFG-PRO in the areas of production planning and scheduling, master parts maintenance, inventory, work order maintenance, assignment of sales orders to work orders, bills of material, and labor/operation routing. On Digital machines using DMS - for 10 months.

× Shenandoah Pride Dairy - Modified and completed software supplied by Dynamic Business Systems (DBS) in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, all inventory procedures (receiving, releasing, and counting), monthly reconciliations, production planning and scheduling, formulas and costing, route accounting and additional accounts receivable functions. On HP9000 - using HP UNIX - for 9 months.

MIS Director

Silver Lake Resort, Kissimmee, Florida September 1993 to May 1994

Managed all DP efforts to define and modify existing software and convert to Progress 4GL. Installed Progress, set up environment for menu creation, user maintenance, printer control, and security. Developed and programmed new applications relating to lead generation and telemarketing functions, sales and money transactions, broker commission processing, reservation assignment, and tour scheduling. Implemented conversion processes for time-share contract, mortgage, and maintenance & taxes files from the existing system to the new central reservation module.

Contractor

Team Information Systems, Lake Mary, Florida (For NCR) June 1993 to September 1993

Modified a Progress 4GL, Version 6.3C, manufacturing package designed by NCR based on the Just-In-Time theory of materials procurement. Areas involved were material requirements, procurement, usage reporting, and control functions (cycle counts and reconciliation). Wrote the year-end physical inventory procedures and set-up db files for process on 8 separate databases.

Programmer/Trainer/Marketer

Trainix, Inc. , Deltona, Florida January 1993 to May 1993

Trainix provides in-house training for all UNIX subjects, C and C++ programming. Designed, programmed, and implemented a telemarketing/leads database to use for marketing, follow-up, and future recall functions using Progress 4GL, Version 6. Taught Fundamentals of UNIX class.

Independent Contractor October 1992 to Dec 1992

Worked as a subcontractor on a commission payroll system using Progress 4GL, Version 6 .

Programmer Analyst

Island One, Inc. , Orlando, Florida January 1986 To Sept 1992

Functioned as both programmer analyst and in-house system administrator . Used Progress 4GL from Version 4 to 6 on SCO-UNIX and IBM-AIX. Handled conversion from a DEC PDP11/23 to a network of 386's . Designed and implemented conversion of mortgage system from a HP3000 to RS6000. Designed the overall system and most of the Progress files and relationships. Coordinated training of 5 programmers. Modules designed and programmed: Telemarketing, Sales, Inventory, Escrow, Commissions, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Resort Management(Condo Association), and Mortgage Receivable. Designed the Central Reservation system.

Owner and Operator

Ocean Atlantic Shoe Co., Minneola, Florida September 1983 to Dec 1985

Technical Accounting Manager

Georgia Industries, Inc. , Buford, Georgia August 1982 to August 1983

Designed the following systems for five shoe factories and merged the systems into existing IBM/36 set-up.

1. Set-up Bills of Material and Standard Labor costs for the shoes produced and implement a factory reporting system for variances.

2. Developed the scheduling plans, raw material requirements, and purchasing systems (MRP).

3. Implemented inventory system for raw materials and finished goods.

4. Set-up in-factory reporting system for defects to aid in training and quality control(TQM).

5. Generated monthly accounting statements for factory costs and passed the material, labor, and overhead costs to the VP of Finance for the final statements (Consolidation).

Manager of Computer and Inventory Functions

Medalist-Leesburg , Leesburg, Florida July 1981 to August 1982

Primary function was to coordinate with the new NCR/MRP system that was about to be installed. Revised production schedule planning function to better reflect past sales history and future demand. Developed system to estimate direct labor piece work rates and used plan and rates to revise factory physical layout, which increased production for the first six months to 3 times previous levels.

Self-employed January 1975 to May 1981

Programmer and Production Scheduler

Northern Shoe Co., Pulaski, Wisconsin January 1964 to DEC 1974

Began as programmer using Autocoder on IBM 1440. Upgraded to IBM 360 using COBOL. Designed and programmed the sales forecasting, production planning, raw material requirements, bills of material, piece-work payroll, and the raw material/in-process/finished goods inventory systems. In 1971, promoted to Operations Manager with the financial responsibility for factory producing 6000 pairs of shoes per day with a direct labor force of 400.

Education

B.S. Corporate & Investment Finance - Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois .

COBOL Programming, Data Processing Institute, Orlando, Florida. 1981

Fund of UNIX and UNIX System Administration, Trainix, Orlando, Florida 1990

Progress Version 7, United Systems, Atlanta, Georgia. 1996

Progress Webspeed , United Systems, Atlanta, Georgia . 1998

lshubert

I am interested in speaking with you regarding the contracting position in Atlanta using Progress and Rountable. I have many years of experience with Progress and Roundtable and can provide you with my resume if you are interested. I'm immediately available and live in the northern section of the Atlanta metro area. Contact information is lshubert@bellsouth.net.