Question I Can't Find The Table For _user..

Hello,

I can't find the table used in our in-house system for logging in. It seems it is created in other application? is it hidden? I can't find also our login window. I saw this .w in the .ini folder but still i can't find those .p(procedures) and .w(windows).

My opinion is, this files are not created in appbuilder?..Is it for security?

Code:
create newpo._user.                                      
assign newpo._user._userid     = newpo.user_lvl.user_id  
       newpo._user._password   = encode(vpassword)       
       newpo._user._user-name  = vname.

RealHeavyDude

Code:
find newpo._File where newpo._File._File-Name = "_User".

If this code does not generate any error than the table is part of the database - which must be true for any Progress database that is not corrupted.

All tables that start with an underscore are either meta schema or virtual system tables. Their schema is off limits. Without any tricks you can not create a table that begins with an underscore in the database schema. Also, these tables are "somewhat" hidden in that, for example in the data dictionary, they are not displayed per default. In the data dictionary in the view menu there is a "Show hidden tables" menu item which will display them.

As per the login window: As soon as there is one record in the _User table the AVM will display the default login dialog when you log into the database interactively. This default login dialog is part of the source code that comes with the installation. You can find the source code in the src folder for any installation that includes a development license. I need to have a look for myself to exactly tell you it's location.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Code:
find newpo._File where newpo._File._File-Name = "_User".

If this code does not generate any error than the table is part of the database - which must be true for any Progress database that is not corrupted.

All tables that start with an underscore are either meta schema or virtual system tables. Their schema is off limits. Without any tricks you can not create a table that begins with an underscore in the database schema. Also, these tables are "somewhat" hidden in that, for example in the data dictionary, they are not displayed per default. In the data dictionary in the view menu there is a "Show hidden tables" menu item which will display them.

As per the login window: As soon as there is one record in the _User table the AVM will display the default login dialog when you log into the database interactively. This default login dialog is part of the source code that comes with the installation. You can find the source code in the src folder for any installation that includes a development license. I need to have a look for myself to exactly tell you it's location.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

That's the answer I'm looking and waiting. As I have notice, these are defaults that comes with the installation. I found the login of the system and I see codes only, no interface. I found these things by clicking the properties of the shortcut of the system and try to trace those locations written on the "target:" section. But still did'nt understand how to create something like this...I can't understand some of those parameter?..-p -pf -ini -T? what are these? :)

Anyway thanks a lot RealHeavyDude :)