How to Export data from MFG-PRO 7-2A

Bickers2000

I don't know if this is standard MFG functionality, but I was looking for a way to extract ALL the information from our legacy MFG-PRO Unix system (as installed in 1992) into CSV format, (hopefully for import into a new MRP/2 / ERP system).

Having looked on the forum I found some pointers to Win NT Admin tools that are only relevant to windows installations and no real clues for a Unix based set-up.

Anyway.. after much digging I found that from the main MFG-PRO screen (as accessed through a telnet session) if I enter 'mgres' and hit enter it launches a Report Designer come Data Export tool, which can only be described as first rate.

It contains plenty of options to export all table data in various formats (CSV included) and also provides description to table and field names.

Hope this is some help to those of you swapping out legacy systems.

jchellap

In older versions of MFG/PRO. we cannot use "delimiter" keyword to extract the data into .CSV format.

However the default delimiter is space.So, we can generate a notepad file and that can be opened in excel information (you need to specify the delimiter as space in excel application).

Thanks,
Vijay :)