hi

shank_Blr

;) Hi this is my first post to PROGRESSTALK.... I am in need of some technical help ..............

I am new to GUI, worked only on CHR all these years........

I have a requirement where in one of the browser column “Setting” is an updatable column.... The data that can be entered, will be decided based on the fields in the same table called “format_spec” .

The probable valued in the Format_spec field can be “x(20)” or “>>>,>>9.999” or “X(50)” …………………

If the Format_spec is having values as “X(20)” – Then in the Browser “Setting”, user will be able to enter any Alpha numeric values upto 20 Character
If the Format_spec is having values as “>,>>>.99” – In the Browser “Setting” , user will be able to enter any valid decimal values for the format it can be either 9 or 99.99 ……..

Now the problem I am facing is - I am able to take care for the Character format setting but was unable to take care for the DEC/Integer type format…

IF the format is “>,>>>.99” then system is expecting the value in the same format like 9,999.99 and throws an error if I enter just 9 or 99

Below is how I have taken care for the CHAR format Setting…….. Can soem one let me know how do I take care for the INT/DEC format pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

pt_options.setting:FORMAT IN BROWSE {&browser_name} = STRING(pt_options.format_spec).

Many thanks in advance,
Shankar