Answered Has OE 11.5 been release today (8/12/2014)?

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Haven't seen any notification yet. Last I heard it would be released in late December, or possibly early Q1 2015. What makes you ask?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I very much doubt it. They said they'd compiled up the "Gold Candidate" just before the PUG. But it still had quite a lot of bugs that needed fixing.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Haven't seen any notification yet. Last I heard it would be released in late December, or possibly early Q1 2015. What makes you ask?
No reason. It's just I saw "somewhere" that the release date was to be 6th December. Interested in trying out the new REST client and putting it through it's paces.

Last edited:

Cringer

Staff member
I believe there's still some bugs to iron out. Quite a serious issue with ADM2 and PASOE if the thread on the community is anything to go by.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Or maybe Christmas, if you ask Santa.

Yesterday I asked my rep when 11.5 would show up in my subscription. This morning my subscription was updated. Downloading 11.5 now... :)

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I will. :) There's a surprising amount of nice little DB changes in this one. Given the focus on PAS/OE and TP, I really wasn't expecting anything in this release.

Cringer

Staff member
What sort of things are you looking forward to then, Rob? I've not read the changelog yet.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
They have added a new VST called _DbParams for more comprehensive logging of DB params. Also _Servers has been extended to include broker-specific params. These are changes you have to opt in to, via proutil enablenewvsttables and proutil updatevst. Proutil describe shows whether this has been done.

Now *every* param will be logged in the DB log at startup. And if you truncate your log with prolog, optionally they'll be written back to the top of the new log. Nice touch. :)

Also, for those who use OE Auditing, all parameter values are now audited.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Also, the Advanced Enterprise Edition RDBMS is interesting. It bundles Enterprise RDBMS, TDE, MT, TP, Repl Plus, and OEM in one product, installed with one serial/control code. Could be a good value for some of my clients, depending on pricing. I haven't seen the new price list yet.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
And more functionality and utility support has been added to Table Partitioning in this release. But I haven't had a use case yet for TP. And it does have a few "gotchas" to be aware of with legacy applications. It isn't truly transparent to the application like TDE.