Generating PDF files with input fields

cura

hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to generate a PDF file with input fields,
I've managed to generate normal PDF files with PDF_include obviously, but when I try to enter the code for an input field the pdf_include file filters out the special signs, and people have told me it's not advisable to edit the pdf_include file to prevent this from happening (for obvious reasons)

*edit*
I just saw there's a procedure called pdf_text_charxy, does this make it possible to write the code for an input field, if so, what is the code?

thx in advance

gcampbell

Are you talking about having Form Fields on your PDF that people can fill in? If so, then PDFinclude doesn't handle the creation of Form Fields.

But PDFinclude can write data to Form Fields in a PDF ... replacing the Form Field with the data.

Later,
Gordon

rairch

If you look in chapter 11 of the PDFInclude Pro documentation (Introducing complex forms) it tells you the basics.

The first thing you need to do is create your pdf template using Adobe Distiller. Then map all the form fields onto it using Acrobat Pro.

Once you've done that simply create the pdfinclude the progress code using pdf_fill_text("Spdf", "formfield", foo) for each form field on your template.

example below:

/* Set Export path & filename */
lcfilename = "PDF/" + foo + ".pdf".

/* create new pdf document */
RUN pdf_new ("Spdf", lcfilename).

/* open expenses pdf template */
RUN pdf_open_PDF("Spdf","sample.pdf",foo).

/* set standard font for output to pdf */
RUN pdf_set_font("Spdf", "Helvetica", "8").

/* create first page */
RUN pdf_new_page("Spdf").
RUN pdf_use_PDF_page("Spdf",foo,1).

/* Output Expense Header Info */
RUN pdf_fill_text("Spdf", "staffno", foo, "").
RUN pdf_fill_text("Spdf", "name", fi, "").

/* Close pdf stream */
RUN pdf_close("Spdf").

Hope that helps.

(Just don't ask me how to do landscape pages :( )

sonu777

Button

Hi

I have a PDF template with a Button to send e-mail and a few form fields . I use pdf_include to populate the template with some data and sed this form from my progress application for others to fill the form fields and send it back to me .

But when i generate the PDF TEMPLATE using pdf_include the button disappears . Isit possible to use buttons in PDF templates ? How can i
genetate a template using pdf_include so that others can fill data and send it back to me .?

Regards
Sonu