Error at Progress Explorer

Srinivasa Rao

I have installed Progress 9.1E and started progress explorer it's prompting following error.
Please help to overcome from this error.

upload_2013-9-18_14-15-21.png

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Have you reinstalled Progress as was suggested in your previous post?

Srinivasa Rao

yes i reinstalled progress,App Builder also giving the following error.

upload_2013-9-18_15-23-44.png

If you have any latest Progress version setup file,please share...

Cringer

Staff member
It sounds like something is seriously corrupted at your end judging by the errors you are getting. These sorts of errors are not expected. Where did you get your install from? What OS are you running? Why are you trying to install ancient and obsolete software?

Srinivasa Rao

I got progress 9.1E setup file from my friend.i actually want to learn webspeed and ADM2 concepts
i installed on windows 7 OS . If you have any latest Progress version setup file,please share...

Cringer

Staff member
Progress is not free software, you need a license to run it and use it. You can't just install it from a friend.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Version 9 is ancient, obsolete and unsupported.

If you want to learn about Progress in order to get a job in the modern world you should learn about version 11.

On the other hand, if you're interested in archaeology you should be installing version 9 on Windows 98. Be careful to ensure that the hardware is from the same era -- multi-core CPUs, massive amounts of memory and so forth were not available back then. You'll ruin the historical authenticity of the experience by using up to date hardware.

Cringer

Staff member
Surely he'd be better off installing version 8 and trying to do complex multi filter queries?

RealHeavyDude

Just for the record: The Progress Exploder - regardless which version of Progress V9/OpenEdge10 - is only supported on Windows XP and older stuff from Mircosoft. The reason being that in more recent version of Windozw Mircosoft changed the MMC.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.