Do we have another option besides prorest when we missing the Sequence?

rrojo7229

Dear DBA's,

Do we have another option besides makes prorest when eventually missing a Sequence After Image File?

I mean, I have a script that runs every 20 minutes to make a backup and makes it as empty for the current After Image for a Backup Directory and there is another that runs every 20 minutes, as well to make a Roll Forward to a Backup Database. Eventually, someone must reboot the server or accidentally we have a Energy Failure, sometimes this kind of situation makes damages in the currently After Image or during the copy from one directory to another.

When the server is switched on again, sometimes, the sequence for AI has a lack.

In those bad situations we must make a probkup and prorest, it is ok when the database it is small, the problem it is when the database is over 20 Gigabytes, this way takes a long time.

Do we have another option besides prorest in these situation?

Thanks lads in advance.

Kind Regards,
Rrojo7229

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Do we have another option besides prorest in these situation?

I think you should first copy that AI to somewhere else on the server (source) before starting to copy it to the backup server(target). If the copy and roll forward has succeeded then you can delete the ai file on the source machine. Is mething failes then you still have the AI available to copy and roll forward.

Casper.