Disconnecting users under ProControl

didoy

Hi!

We're using Progress Monitor on our servers under microsoft windows platform to view and disconnect users.

I'm planning to use ProControl utility to bring the databases up in our servers. But there are times and circumstances that we disconnect some users and we cannot disconnect the users when databases are used by ProControl. Nor we cannot use the progress monitor simultaneously with procontrol.

Is there any other way to disconnect users or view list of users when databases are controlled by procontrol?

jongpau

I personally haven't used ProControl since Progress Explorer was "invented" and became reliable. What version of Progress are you using? Do you have Progress Explorer and if so, have you tried it?

When using Progress Explorer I have none of the difficulties you describe. Besides that, it is more "integrated" with the Windows Services Manager through the Progress Admin Server. You can start and stop the Admin Server through your Windows Services (automatically or manually) and have Admin Server automatically start selected databases, AppServers, WebSpeed and other services for you. Also, the Progress Explorer allows you to configure most (if not all) features of the above Progress services...

didoy

thanks to jongpau's reply

thanks for the reply.

I'm using progress version 8.3. I think progress explorer is not available for this version. Any other way?

Thank you in advance.