Disabling Excel Features

stokefc22

Hi All,
Briefly the problem is as follows, I have a report that exports to excel. We output the data to a CSV file and then import this file into excel. All works well but in some cases we have to uniquely name the CSV file to allow the same report to be ran at the same time on the server. This results in lots of files building up in the directory... The reason I can't simply remove this file after exporting to excel is the 'refresh' option in excel requires the CSV to still be there.

So my question is can I programmatically disable the refresh option, or any other option for that matter.

I'm using openedge 10.2b and excel 2007, but would obviously like it to work with all version of excel.....

Many thanks

stokefc22

Hhhmmm thanks rstanciu, do you happen to use this method yourself? Does this just simply replace the importing of the csv? Would I still be able to manipulate the formats etc in the same manner??

rstanciu

I use one time openoffice command line. I'm not very Microsoft plug-in I'm linux man.

another way I'm doing long time ago. In place to create a csv output I create a HTML file as:

Code:
<table>
<tr>
  <td>field0</td>
  <td>field1</td>
  <td>fieldX</td>
</tr>
... ad inf
</table>

and InternetExploder open this with the plugin eXcel

OS-COMMAND SILENT VALUE("iexplore file.html").

stokefc22

Thanks for that Tamhas, typically there is an issue that I need the latest service pack on our version of progress.. guess this will have to go to the techie first :).