Determine If Pdf Has Editable Text Fields

grinder

Hello there,

I looking for a method to determine if a PDF-file has editable text fields. Does anybody have something in mind? I searched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32Res.dll" with the com-viewer, but I couldn't find anything in this regard.

Thx in advance....

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You'd be better off asking this in an Adobe related forum to be honest.

Hi
I'd go with pdfInclude...
Might be a little bit overkill though if the only thing you need is knowing the form has fields.
What else will you do with the pdf once you know it has fields (or not)?
Regards
JC

grinder

Hi JC, I just wanted to check if the file has editable fields because in the next step I use PDF-Combine to generate a big PDF-file. And PDF-Combine has its problems with editable fields.

grinder

Thanks, didn't know this tool yet. I just tried it and it works fine with standard PDFs. The files I want to merge are sent by another company and they are /pw protected :(
And PDFtk wants to know this /pw in order to merge these files. PDFCombine doesn't care about the /pw protection for merging so I didn't check this before.

It's no big issue, we have a workaround. Just thought someone has a quick answer ;)

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
1, 2, 3... DocxFactory :)

I am working on a Sharepoint integration to DocxFactory that would allow for a solid server-side, sub-second pdf and many other file type generation.