DB Viewer

JMA

Alex,

Look at ProBuddy from zxsystems. I use it every day and it's one of the best viewers for a Progress database.
Just go to www.zxsystems.com and download the zip-file.
It's freeware :D and written in Progress.

Joep

bendaluz2

Try this

I have yet to find a DB viewer better than the one myself and a former colleague wrote between us several years ago. It produces a view of the database which you can navigate in any web browser. I attach a copy for you to play with.

Firstly, edit dbview.p with the directories you want to use, you will probably need to change c$dblist and c$html-root. Then, connect to any database with a logical name of html and then compile the three .p files, htmlscript.p, _dbconnect.p and dbview.p. Then, edit dbview.inf and put in the connection parameters for the databases you wish to produce views for.

Run dbview.p and hey presto, you should have a whole load of html files sitting in the directory you specified. Open up index.htm and get exploring!

I usually have this set up to run automatically either daily or hourly depending on how often database changes happen, and have a link on my desktop to the aforementioned index.htm.

Oh yes, and it produces a log file in the working directory, so it will need write access to this - or you could just move the log file i suppose.

Any problems, drop me a message and i'll try to help you out

p.s. Any it should work ok on unix too!

Attachments

• dbview.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 327

BJA

it shows me all data i have in my database or only the structure of tables this DB viewer ? and how to cofigure it propely d'ost work for me.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Looks like it shows the structure only. The instructions in the post above seem detailed enough. But this is a post from 2002, so who knows whether the app will work with modern Progress versions or not. I don't think the author is working in OpenEdge anymore either.

Reactions: BJA