date format TODAY to DDMMMYY

bulklodd

DEFINE VARIABLE months AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO INIT "jan,feb,mar,apr,may,jun,jul,aug,sep,oct,nov,dec".
MESSAGE PROGRAM-NAME(1) SKIP
STRING(DAY(TODAY)) + CAPS(ENTRY(MONTH(TODAY),months)) + SUBSTR(STRING(YEAR(TODAY)),3)
VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFO BUTTONS OK TITLE "DEBUG".

trafford69

Hi bulklodd,
my good friend , thanks again. It works but i have a question.
I want to see date as 06OCT05, after printing i can see only
6OCT05 the "0" is missing. PLease help.Many Thanks.

bulklodd

I want to see date as 06OCT05, after printing i can see only
6OCT05 the "0" is missing. PLease help.Many Thanks.

Here's a snippet:

DEFINE VARIABLE months AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO INIT "jan,feb,mar,apr,may,jun,jul,aug,sep,oct,nov,dec".
MESSAGE PROGRAM-NAME(1) SKIP
STRING(DAY(TODAY),"99") + CAPS(ENTRY(MONTH(TODAY),months)) + SUBSTR(STRING(YEAR(TODAY)),3)

This is a startup parameter. You should have a -dmy with the format you require. This effects the WHOLE session of that Progress. Though you could as a work around convert via string.

bulklodd

This is a startup parameter. You should have a -dmy with the format you require. This effects the WHOLE session of that Progress. Though you could as a work around convert via string.

You can do it at runtime with the use of

Code:
SESSION:DATE-FORMAT = "dmy".

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
To get the 0 before the six you just have to put a format phrase in the example bulkodd gave:

e.g.

Code:
STRING(DAY(TODAY),'99') + CAPS(ENTRY(MONTH(TODAY),months)) + SUBSTR(STRING(YEAR(TODAY)),3)

Casper.

trafford69

Casper said:
To get the 0 before the six you just have to put a format phrase in the example bulkodd gave:

e.g.

Code:
STRING(DAY(TODAY),'99') + CAPS(ENTRY(MONTH(TODAY),months)) + SUBSTR(STRING(YEAR(TODAY)),3)

Casper.
Hi Guys,

Thanks all for their help especially bulkodd and casper.My program works very well. Thanks.

dayv2005

there are several date formats predefines in the the session varable for Date-Format i would check those out too.

Session:Date-Format = "DDMMYYYY"

Don't know if that is valid or not but check into it. I was giving and example to look at what i meant.