[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver] Socket Closed.

juhee

Hello.

I am trying to connect from Windows 2008 systems to a Progress 10.A system ODBC drivers.,

I receive this message: “[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver] Socket Closed."

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be? If more information is needed, please let me know what may be useful to know and I will try to get that from them.

Thanks​

RealHeavyDude

Did you have a look into the log file of the database if you find any conincidental message? BTW 10.A is no OpenEdge 10 Release - I'll take it that you mistypted it.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Kan

Hello.

I am trying to connect from Windows 2008 systems to a Progress 10.A system ODBC drivers.,

I receive this message: “[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver] Socket Closed."

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be? If more information is needed, please let me know what may be useful to know and I will try to get that from them.

Thanks​
Hi All,

I am a newbie of Progress and I have a situation that may require assistant. I am using DataDirect to try to connect to our Progress DB (which I know is verion 10.x) and in the ODBC setting there are a few fields I am not sure what I need to fill with.

1. DSN -> What name is this?
2. Hostname -> can I use IP address for this field?

I also got this socket close error. Did it mean the connection is not ok or it is ok but for some reasons it close mmediately. I apprecaite your help. Thanks

Kan