Data Area Grown Too Large

stuarta

Hello Group
I know this thread is old but I also have started using OE and Nagios. This is the first time I started looking at DB areas for trending on the server.
I have a script / .p file below used to check areas on a DB and it worked well.
Unlike lonegroover I checked and removed trailing short 64k variable extents before adding new extents and variable extents to keep things tidy.
The .p for my Nagios script is below and I basically check for CRITICAL or WARNING in the output for the Nagios exit status to be correct.
I also use the similar .p to generate trending data with Area Names enclosed in single quotes "'" and separated by semicolon ";" to allow graphing using pnp4nagios on RedHat.

OK, On the first run manually I got a CRITICAL output so I removed variable extents and offline added space to Data, Index etc that were all above the CRITICAL threshhold. I re-ran the script and no change - still CRITICAL.

-----------------
.p and Nagios script attached
-----------------
AreaStatus-Areaname AreaStatus-Totblocks AreaStatus-Hiwater AreaStatus-Freenum AreaS │
│ ─── ───────────────────── ───────────────────── ────────── │
│ Control Area = 7 6 0 14 %,│
│ Schema Area = 2767 2712 581 19 %,│
│ Data = 1048588 22943 7 98 %,│
│ Index = 786444 14143 3 98 %,│
│ Mediumdata = 1048636 50751 57 95 %,│
│ Mediumdata_idx = 786444 22479 5 97 %,│
│ ─── ───────────────────── ───────────────────── ────────── │

Is there a way to force the DB server to recalculate Freenum ? so report the correct % used?

Stuart

Attachments

• p_areaS_space_utilization.p
    1.5 KB · Views: 12
  • check_dbarea.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 10