Converting C#-examples To Abl-code

Hi everybody,

OE11.6 – Win8

Sorry for the long post, but I try to give as many information as I can.

I try to access the DocuWare Platform Services and have some C#-examples, which I try to transform to Progress ABL.
I know that no one out there is familiar with this Docuware-Library, but I have absolutely no C#-experience either, so the problems I encounter might be no problems at all for C#-guys.

Some background-information about Docuware and what I try to do:

I connect to Docuware, this connection provides one or more “organizations” and every “organization” provides one or more “filecabinets”.

What I already achieved:
  • I managed to connect to DocuWare
  • The ServiceConnection-Class has a property called “Organizations”, which gets all the available organisations.
  • I already managed to retrieve the “active” organisation with the following code:
DEF VAR org AS CLASS Docuware.Platform.ServerClient.Organization NO-UNDO.
assign org = cast(sc:Organizations:GetValue(0), DocuWare.Platform.ServerClient.Organization) .

so the next step would be to access the FileCabinets of this organization:

…and here I’m stuck !

The Organization-Class does not have a property “FileCabinets”, the only fitting property I can find is “FileCabinetsRelationLink”, which returns the uri of the link for the relation “filecabinets” (according to the documentation).

I have no clue at all what I’m supposed to do with this string !

On the other hand: the Organization-Class has a method called “GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation”, which should return the FileCabinets (maybe an array ?)

Here is what the documentation says about this method:

Calls the HTTP Get method on the link for the relation “filecabinets”.

Namespace: DocuWare.Platform.ServerClient
Assembly: DocuWare.Platform.ServerClient (in DocuWare.Platform.ServerClient.dll) Version: Version 6.10

C#-Syntax:
public FileCabinets GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation()
Return Value
Type: FileCabinets
The content of the response.

So I tried many different ways to “use” this method, with no luck at all.

DEF VAR fc AS CLASS Docuware.Platform.ServerClient.FileCabinet NO-UNDO.

fc = cast ( org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation():GetValue (0), DocuWare.Platform.ServerClient.FileCabinet) .

….which I thought might be similar like I retrieved the organisations in the previous step, gives error “element “GetValue” could not be found in class “Docuware.Platform.ServerClient.FileCabinet (12927)”

My next try was:

fc = org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation.

….which gives error “class method has been referenced as though it where a variable (12929)”. The error-explanation suggests to add “()”

So I added parentheses:

fc = org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation().

….the result was error “incompatible data-types… (223)”

My last tries were:

fc = org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation():FileCabinets.
fc = org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation:FileCabinets.

….which of course produced only errors.

so even if nobody is familiar with the Docuware-Library, maybe somebody could point out what i'm doing wrong.
Any answers extremely appreciated !

Wolf

RealHeavyDude

Does something like this work?

Code:
define variable fileCabinets  as class System.Array  no-undo.
define variable fileCabinet  as class Docuware.Platform.ServerClient.FileCabinet  no-undo.
define variable cabinetNo  as integer  no-undo.

assign fileCabinets  = org:GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation().

do cabinetNo = 1 to fileCabinets:length:
  assign fileCabinet  =  cast ( fileCabinets:GetValue ( cabinetNo - 1 ), Docuware.Platform.ServerClient.FileCabinet  ). /* .NET starts with zero */

end.

Explanation: You will get an array and must loop through them to get a hand on the single array elements ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.
P.S. - Greetings to my old homeland ...

RealHeavyDude

Okay - so FileCabinets is not an array. Do you know which type it is?

Do you have any documentation on that class?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

RealHeavyDude

Never had anything to do with Docuware ...

Just guessing: This FileCabinets is a pointer ( URL ) to where, whatever it is that it is pointing, can be downloaded / fetched. I guess there must be some other object / method you can use for the download.

the "Organisation"-class has a property called "FileCabinetsRelationLink", which in my case returns "/DocuWare/Platform/FileCabinets?orgid=464".
This takes me to the website, where I can access my documents online. No use at all.

I know you can only guess and I really appreciate all your efforts, but your guesses are for sure much better than mine, so: one last try:

The method "Organization.GetFileCabinetsFromFilecabinetsRelation" is described as "Calls the HTTP Get method on the link for the relation “filecabinets”."

how the hell could something like this be implemented in ABL ? In some other examples "GetValue" was used. Could this maybe be used in any way ?