Cim full form

mallikasp

Hi all
Can anyone give the abbreviation for CIM Programming (batch programming) that we write using progress. might be it is a silly question but i dont know the answer :) .

thank you

ajeet.mca

Short for Common Information Model, an industry standard, developed by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF), for describing data about applications and devices so that administrators and software management programs can control applications and devices on different platforms in the same way, ensuring interoperability across a network.
Using techniques of object-oriented programming, CIM provides a consistent definition and structure of data, including expressions for elements such as object classes, properties, associations and methods.

mallikasp

I meant to ask full form of CIM Programming used in Progress Language. As such i found many different full forms for CIM in Google also.

Short for Common Information Model, an industry standard, developed by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF), for describing data about applications and devices so that administrators and software management programs can control applications and devices on different platforms in the same way, ensuring interoperability across a network.
Using techniques of object-oriented programming, CIM provides a consistent definition and structure of data, including expressions for elements such as object classes, properties, associations and methods.

gatsbyinca

Do you mean ... what does CIM stand for? In QAD/Progress world I think it means Computer Input Method, but don't quote me on that!