Cannot Select Bottom Row In "full" Browse

Ian Colenutt

Hi first post. New language. Huge legacy system.

I have a strange issue where if the browse is full of rows (but the scrollbar has not yet appeared) then the bottom row cannot be selected. Also there is no tool-tip when hovering over the bottom record. (see attached)

It seems to be irrespective of the set row-height-chars and height-chars or other properties. Other browses in the same window work fine. I only get the issue in version 10 and I cannot recreate it in version 11.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• LoVwr.png
    LoVwr.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 4

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Welcome to ProgressTalk Ian!

Your issue sounds similar to this:
4GL/ABL: Unable to select last browse row after certain chain of events
Knowledge Article

The issue referenced in the KB article specifically mentions versions 10.1C SP04 and 10.2B SP02, on 64-bit Windows 7. What is your OpenEdge version? You can find your version and service pack in a file called "version" in the OpenEdge installation directory (%DLC%). You will also see the contents of this file echoed to the console when you launch "proenv" from the Start menu. It may be that solving this issue could be as simple as moving to a later service pack. If you are still on 10.2B, and on SP02 or earlier, you should definitely install SP08, the latest (and last) service pack for 10.2B.

Incidentally, I found the article above with ProKB, the Windows application that gives you an offline copy of the Progress knowledge base. It can be downloaded here:
http://download.progress.com/open/products/prokb/ProKBsetup.exe

I searched for the text "last row browse". If you prefer to use the online KB, select "OpenEdge" from the "Product Group" down-down on the left, then search for the text "last row browse". The article above is the second hit in the result list.

Lastly, version 10.x of OpenEdge is likely nearing the end of its "Mature" phase in the product life cycle, the next phase being "Retired". The current release is 11.6, and release 11.7 is just around the corner; at this point it is expected within a month or so. Version 12 is currently expected sometime in calendar 2018. Anyone still on v10 or earlier should be making plans to upgrade to 11.6 or 11.7, with the understanding that a new major release (v12) is on its way.

You can find product life cycle info and links to Product and Platform Availability Guides on this page:
OpenEdge Product Availability Guides and Life Cycle Guide - Wiki - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

Ian Colenutt

Welcome to ProgressTalk Ian!

Your issue sounds similar to this:
4GL/ABL: Unable to select last browse row after certain chain of events
Knowledge Article

The issue referenced in the KB article specifically mentions versions 10.1C SP04 and 10.2B SP02, on 64-bit Windows 7. What is your OpenEdge version? You can find your version and service pack in a file called "version" in the OpenEdge installation directory (%DLC%). You will also see the contents of this file echoed to the console when you launch "proenv" from the Start menu. It may be that solving this issue could be as simple as moving to a later service pack. If you are still on 10.2B, and on SP02 or earlier, you should definitely install SP08, the latest (and last) service pack for 10.2B.

Incidentally, I found the article above with ProKB, the Windows application that gives you an offline copy of the Progress knowledge base. It can be downloaded here:
http://download.progress.com/open/products/prokb/ProKBsetup.exe

I searched for the text "last row browse". If you prefer to use the online KB, select "OpenEdge" from the "Product Group" down-down on the left, then search for the text "last row browse". The article above is the second hit in the result list.

Lastly, version 10.x of OpenEdge is likely nearing the end of its "Mature" phase in the product life cycle, the next phase being "Retired". The current release is 11.6, and release 11.7 is just around the corner; at this point it is expected within a month or so. Version 12 is currently expected sometime in calendar 2018. Anyone still on v10 or earlier should be making plans to upgrade to 11.6 or 11.7, with the understanding that a new major release (v12) is on its way.

You can find product life cycle info and links to Product and Platform Availability Guides on this page:
OpenEdge Product Availability Guides and Life Cycle Guide - Wiki - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

Thanks so much Rob for the links and tips :) Good to know it's a known issue.
Yes we're due to upgrade from 10.2B to 11.5 soon but in the meantime will try to establish/prevent the "certain circumstances".

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Applying a service pack for 10.2B to get to SP08 is not a painful operation and does not require a recompile or anything like that. I would look at doing that no matter how soon you are planning on moving to 11.5.