Browser Help!

Jenie888

Hello everyone,

I have a browser and I would like to reposition to the next row in a browser when modifying the record. In many cases the record I am working on is no longer available in the browser when I do the Open Query and repopulate the browser so a Select-Next-Row would not help me.

And unless I did a select-next-row() get rowid and then do a Select-previous-row() to return to the record I am working on I will not know the rowid of the next record.

I noticied that I could reposition to row n. So instead of repositioning to a rowid I could reposition to an indexed spot in the browser. Is there a way I could find out what row I'm actually on? I don't see any methods which display the row number...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Jenifer

Jenie888

That really wouldn't get me what I need...I'm actually trying to find out what the row number is of the record I am on in a browser so I could reposition to row n. Where n would be that row.

They give the ability to say Reposition to row n:
Reposition to ROW 1. //Which would reposition to the first record in the browser...

But I don't see how to obtain the actual ROW of the record I am on.
They have ROWID, but in my case that wont help me.

Say there is a browser with the following lines:
Cat Animal
Tree Animal
Dog Animal
Mouse Animal

And my query says open query for each item where type = "animal".

I am on the Tree record and I change the type to "Plant" and then do an Open Query to repopulate my browser. I want to reposition to the next item in the list--which would be DOG.

Before I open the query I could do a select-next-row() to get the rowid however I'd prefer to beable to just obtain the actual ROW of the current record I'm on and do a REPOSITION to ROW N...but I don't see any methods on how to obtain the actual row in the browser you are on...

Can Any one help?

Jenie888

I figured it out...inorder to get the ROW number of the row you are in in a browser is
DEFINE VAR iTest AS INT.

iTEST = br-Test:FOCUSED-ROW.

Then you can
REPOSITION to ROW iTEST