Before Image File Problem

kinkikids

** The database was last used Fri May 23 11:34:19 2008. (886)
** The before-image file expected Fri May 23 11:48:44 2008. (887)
** Those dates do not match, so you have the wrong copy of one of them.

Wheni try to connect a database, it shows the above message. Any clues?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The message is pretty self explanatory...

Did you copy the database from somewhere else using OS level copy tools? Or backup & restore using an OS tool rather than PROBKUP?

Your best and safest course of action is to restore from backup and (if necessary) roll-forward.

kinkikids

hi Tom, i think i do it with prorest... anyway i just did a prorest on that database using an backup files (since its not a live and critical database), and it works.

Here i come another problem which is the code page:

Code page conversion table for ISO8859-1 to CP950 was not found in convmap.cp. (6063)
The code page of database testdb is iso8859-1 and -cpinternal is cp950.
The tables required to perform conversion for the database were not found in convmap.cp. (1564)

.... please advise.

updated: the answer is: proutil testdb -C convchar convert undefined -G 0

If you want to use the same corrupted Db , then Connect the databse with -F paramenter and do an immediate dump and load!!

Please don't ever OS copy a database while it is connectd.

Regards
Philip P Oommen

taqvia

As suggested by Tom please take a fresh backup and restore the database using probkup(take an online backup and restore it). Never get in with -F (unless there is no option left) -F will lead to an inconsistent database ,may be there will be no immeadiate effect but u never know the effect of -F in future.

For curosity reason were you doing a procopy on a offline database and some other user/script tried bringing up the database.

Arshad Taqvi

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Here i come another problem which is the code page:

Code page conversion table for ISO8859-1 to CP950 was not found in convmap.cp. (6063)
The code page of database testdb is iso8859-1 and -cpinternal is cp950.
The tables required to perform conversion for the database were not found in convmap.cp. (1564)

.... please advise.

updated: the answer is: proutil testdb -C convchar convert undefined -G 0

You mean you found a way to get rid of the warning by making the codepage undefined. That is somewhat different then solving the issue...
Now you are 'fooling' the database by saying the codepage is undefined...