Question Batch file for inc. and full backup together

irfan34

Hello,

Can someone write an example batch file scripts for incremental backup on a progress DB?
It may include full backup weekly!

regards,

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You'll more likely get assistance if you show us what you've tried so far, what isn't working, etc. We will happily help you iron out problems, but you should at least have a go at researching the issue properly first. There's enough information for you to answer this query yourself in the knowledgebase etc.

irfan34

Hi cringer,

1)Its 10.2b
2) It runs on windows7 32 bit.

I did not received any error :) Because I couldn't create file that I need. So, I know hot to get an incremental backup But I couldn't find batch file scripts to do that.
Thanks.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
So, I know hot to get an incremental backup But I couldn't find batch file scripts to do that.
Thanks.

In its simplest form, a batch file or script is just a series of commands. If you know how to issue the backup commands manually and they work, what prevents you from creating batch files? You could create two simple files: one that runs nightly for incrementals and one that runs weekly for full backups.

That said, I'm questioning the need for incrementals. This obviously isn't a production environment, given that the database is running on a 32-bit client OS. So this is development? Unless it is a very large database, why not simplify your life and do daily full backups? Then you only need one batch file which is basically a probkup command.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Look at Windows batch scripting. If you can do it manually, you can script it.