Barcode to be printed through Progress Program

Saif Siddiqui

Hi all,

I have to print a Barcode on a network printer through a Progress program.
The font to be used for this print is "3 of 9 Barcode" and not the default font used by progress.
I have set Printerfont in Windows Registry but its not working for Barcode font. For other fonts it works.

Could you please help?

Progress: 9.1D/10.0B

Regards,
Saif

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
More information is required please.

What is the Make & Model of the printer?

What OS is the client running on? (Windows/*nix)

A possible solution is to use PDFInclude which will generate PDF file with the barcode font embedded in the PDF document. However this all depends on the printer.

The other alternative is to lean PCL and PJL.

sphipp

What I have tended to do recently is to create an HTML file with the barcode font, then print that. It is easy to generate simple HTML and printing it isn't really a problem. You need a free 3 of 9 barcode font, but once you have that then you just use the depreciated <font> tag to show the barcode.

Cecil

What I have tended to do recently is to create an HTML file with the barcode font, then print that. It is easy to generate simple HTML and printing it isn't really a problem. You need a free 3 of 9 barcode font, but once you have that then you just use the depreciated <font> tag to show the barcode.

How do you then send the HTML file to the printer without relying on a Web Browser?

Cecil

How do you then send the HTML file to the printer without relying on a Web Browser?

kolonuk

If you do want to go ahead with postscript, check out http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/

Download the barcode.ps file, add
Code:
50 450 moveto (978-1-86074-271) (includetext) isbn
to the end then check it out in a desktop postscript viewer like GhostView.

The code should work fine when you simply send it to the printer in it's raw form (through a telnet port or ftp connection, not through the windows printer drivers)...

Obviously, you'll have to learn postscript properly, but it's easy enough to get started with a simple barcode...

After you have a working postscript file, you can use various programs to convert it to pdf (ghostscript), images (imagemagik) etc.

sphipp

Open it in Word and use Document:printOut() :)

What if you don't have Word installed? I don't know, we normally do, which is why I use it.