Automation Server

ndbrooks

Morning ProgressTalker's,

I'm trying to read in and process the data from an excel spreadsheet. In a client-server environment this works fine. When running Appserver I receive the following error message in the server log :

Procedure: 'ipProcessImportFile' Line:1517 The automation server for Excel.Application is not registered properly.
[08/11/27@09:05:03.332+0000] P-004984 T-004880 0 AS -- Please reinstall this server or try registering it again. (5893)

Any idea on what I need to do to resolve this error ?
Cheers, Neil.

Progress 9.1E

ndbrooks

For info, we are on Appserver UNIX, hence no Excel, hence:

CREATE "Excel.Application" chExcelApp

will fail. If we put OpenOffice on UNIX is there an equivilant to the "CREATE "Excel.Application" for OpenOffice that could be used ?

Cheers, Neil.

daReini

Hi Neil and others,
I am new here in this forum and I 'm programming PROGRESS (environment ProAlpha) not a long time. I saw your posting about tis error 5893 !
I get the same error when I'm doing the following :
I'm programming a ProAlpha-Application within I call some WordPerfect Objects with WordPerfect.PerfectScripts Calls. What I'm doing is to send some xext and tables to WordPerfect and display it then in that. With the WordPerfect Version 8 this functioned very well. But now we have updatet the version of WordPerfect to version X3. Now the following error appears with declaring the object of PerfectScript :
The automation server for WordPerfect.PerfectScript is not registered properly. Please reinstall this server or try registering it again. (5893)
What I have done already is : I have reinstalled the WordPerfect X3. But the error is here.
This is the same error than you have, Neil. I think we can resolve the problem with the same strategy. Do you or any other people have any idea to solve this problem ? :confused:
Sorry about my explaintation, but I'm from Germany, and my english language may not so good.
Where are the masters of PROGRESS ???:awink:
Thanks for replying, daReini ...;p