Any way to import data from SQL Server 2008 to Progress db 9.1d?

raymondauyong

Dear all,
as per title above, can you all suggest a way to import the data from SQL Server to Progress 9.1d? Currently I'm doing manually import. Any other faster way of doing such job?

RealHeavyDude

Don't know much 'bout the MS SQL Server 2008. But there is a commercial product from Progress available for the MS SQL Server. It's called the DataServer for MS SQL. But since 9.1d is more than 10 years old software, it won't support the 2008 version.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

You can make ODBC connection from sql server to progress DB
and then use SQL to insert data to progress DB.

MS Data Transformation Services is a tool.

rodvitel

I agree with MaximMonin, you can import data from SQL to Excel and concatenate the necessary to make the insert statement with all data imported, you have to work with the first row in excel for concatenation, for the others statements Excel automatically do it.

Then use SSIS to change the column with insert statements to txt. Finally copy-paste the insert statements from txt to PROGRESS editor and execute the insert statements.

I think this can work.

medu

You can also use an ETL tool for that, in Java world you have quite a few options even as open-source: Pentaho Kettle, Talend, Apatar... connect through JDBC and you should be fine.