Accessing Data On Progress Tables

Neil Stewart

Hi

I've been given the task of looking for data on a system running a Progress DB OE10.2B07 (on Windows).

I'm able to run the Data Administration and using the Data Dictionary I can see the column definitions on the tables but not the data itself.

Is there a certain tool I should use for this?

I'm afraid my Progress knowledge isn't very good!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi

I've been given the task of looking for data on a system running a Progress DB OE10.2B07 (on Windows).

I'm able to run the Data Administration and using the Data Dictionary I can see the column definitions on the tables but not the data itself.

Is there a certain tool I should use for this?

I'm afraid my Progress knowledge isn't very good!

Thanks.
The data dictionary is not for see the data.
You can do a FOR EACH thetable: DISPLAY thetable. END.
Or use DataDigger

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The two common ways of looking at the data are an ABL program (the Progress 4GL) or SQL. But, given your apparent lack of ABL knowledge (or you wouldn't be asking the question), a third option, as Marco suggests, is DataDigger, which is ABL designed to make it easy to browse through the data without having to write any code. You can find it here DataDigger | The OpenEdge Hive

Do you want to just have a look at data of couple of tables? Or Is there any other purpose behind it? Are you trying to debug some data related issue?