ABL - support ???

lord_icon

Greetings talkers,
Is (when) this site going to support ABL?? Progress Software has now evolved, from the 4GL into the Advanced Business Language. OpenEdge 10 has now been realized, for which there is a lack of supporting community on the internet. I attended the Hands On V10 training seminar on 25/03/04. Now is 21/06/06 so OpenEdge has been around for a while, during that time I have also increased release training to the latest 10.1. However the internet resources seem stuck on the 4GL Progress programming days, will this site ever catch upto Advanced Business IT and OpenEdge??? or remain with the redundant Progress programming. If the latter is to be realized, I am surprised that ADM(1) support is not still offered.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Greetings talkers,
Is (when) this site going to support ABL?? Progress Software has now evolved, from the 4GL into the Advanced Business Language. OpenEdge 10 has now been realized, for which there is a lack of supporting community on the internet. I attended the Hands On V10 training seminar on 25/03/04. Now is 21/06/06 so OpenEdge has been around for a while, during that time I have also increased release training to the latest 10.1. However the internet resources seem stuck on the 4GL Progress programming days, will this site ever catch upto Advanced Business IT and OpenEdge??? or remain with the redundant Progress programming. If the latter is to be realized, I am surprised that ADM(1) support is not still offered.

Well ask a question and you will get an answer :D .

As Lee already stated a few times. OpenEdge and ABL are just different brand names for essentially the same products. And offcourse lots of improvements are made but that happened in every release so far.....

Casper.