10.1c Progress Explorer Tool/WS2008R2 - Does not start. Looking for debugging hints..

amaragni

Good afternoon.
I am seeking some debugging hints for my issues regarding the 10.1c Progress Explorer Tool on a virtual Windows 2008R2 Server.
Progress is running and i can use my application - but i need to perform an upgrade that requires shutting down app servers and DB - and I cannot run the tool to do so.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Re: 10.1c Progress Explorer Tool/WS2008R2 - Does not start. Looking for debugging hin

Progress Explorer is not supported on Windows Server 2008 R2.

From the KB:
Progress Explorer fails to start on Windows 2008

From the OE10 Platform & Product Availability Guide, note N, page 12:
Progress Explorer fails to start on the Windows Server 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 platform– If you want to run Progress Explorer you need to run it on a different operation system like XP, Vista or 2003.
SEE PRIMUS ENTRY: P129948

amaragni

Re: 10.1c Progress Explorer Tool/WS2008R2 - Does not start. Looking for debugging hin

thank you very much Rob.
i took for granted that this virtual image was proper. and being new to this environment, did not question what is obviously a setup oversight.
ok - so now i am on the hunt to get the OE mgmt tool installed. thanks again

cj_brandt

If you are on version 10.x - just go with OpenEdge Explorer.

It isn't worth it trying to get Progress Explorer to run - even if you are successful - now your stuck using Progress Explorer.